GENERAL RULES AND INFORMATION
The PISS Fest! is produced in partnership with Film Action Oregon. It is a nonprofit festival. All selections must be 10 minutes long, or shorter. PISS Fest! is open to all subject matter and production formats. Individual Jury and Audience Choice awards will be given. Prizes may include cash and merchandise as well as discounted entry to a future Zonker Films produced film fest.
ENTRY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Your film must be 10 minutes or less in length.
- Your film must have been completed no earlier than January 1, 2003.
- Non-English language films must be subtitled in English.
- Projects may originate from anywhere in the world. There are no premiere or distribution agreement requirements.
REQUIRED SUBMISSION MATERIALS
- Preview copy of your submission: NTSC DVD, MiniDV, DVCam, VHS or SVHS copy submitted via mail.
- Completed Entry Form, submitted electronically or via mail.
- Appropriate entry fee submitted via mail.
A press kit is requested but not required, including:
- Production Still Photos – Color Print
- Production Still Photos – Digital
- Biography/Filmography – Director
- Biography/Filmography – Producer
- Biography/Filmography – Writer
- Statement by the Director
Sour Apple Productions
Attn: Tara Johnson-Medinger
1526 NE Alberta St. #109
Portland, Oregon 97211 USA
Checks and money orders must be made payable to
FILM ACTION OREGON
DEADLINES AND ENTRY FEES
- Entry fee is $20.00 US per film if received no later than July 14, 2006.
- Films received after July 14 and no later than July 28 must be accompanied by a Late Entry Fee of $40.00 US.
- Returning Filmmakers: If a film of yours screened in PISS Fest in a previous year, your deadline is July 28 and you pay no entry fee. Woo-hoo! Welcome back!
- There is a $40 US fee for any check returned due to insufficient funds.
- Multiple submissions may be included in the same package but separate entry forms and fees must be provided for each entry.
- No entry materials will be returned.
All films will be screened at the historic Hollywood Theatre (4122 NE Sandy Blvd) in Portland, OR. Admission to any event is $6, or an All-Pass can be purchased for $20. Tickets or All-Passes may be purchased ahead of time through the Hollywood Theatre. Because some screenings may sell out, we recommend you get to the theater 15 minutes before each screening.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19TH
7pm: Film Program One – The Hollywood Theatre
Fumi and the Bad Luck Foot, 7:07 min
Rose City Rumble, 7:00 min
Little Red Riding Hood, 10:35 min
Infinite Moments, 5:00 min
81-Year-Old Sweethearts, 5:50 min
Moon in the Bucket, 10:00 min
CHI Enforcement Unit: Rat Traps, 4:00 min
Emerging, 4:40 min
Clown Shorts: Dingo the Stuff Fixer, 2:41 min
The Touch, 2:58 min
Alone Too Often, 8:08 min
Pretty Girls, 9:17 min
The Goldfish, 3:27 min
Chocolate, 5:30 min
First Date Meltdown, 6:00 min
8pm-12am: PISS Fest! Kick-off Party – Courtyard @ The Jupiter Hotel, 800 E Burnside St
Free admission with an All-Pass or ticket stub from Film Program One, otherwise a $5 donation is requested. FREE BEER(!) courtesy of Full Sail and dance party provocateurs Fleshtone will play the courtyard at 10:00pm.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20TH
7pm: Film Program Two – The Hollywood Theatre
The Fast One, 7:30 min
Fear Tomorrow, 7:07 min
Puppet, 6:20 min
Minutiae, 8:52 min
Horses, 4:35 min
The Trouble With Roommates, 7:58 min
Devil’s Canyon, 6:10 min
Filipino Song, 5:30 min
Hairlady, 8:12 min
Pillow Girl, 4:00 min
Snoozer, 10:00 min
Pimp My Casket, 3:00 min
9pm: Film Program Three “Please don’t bring the kids shorts”
(Some films in this screening contain adult material.)
30 Seconds, 8:22 min
True, 8:36 min
My Sony & Me, 7:05 min
False Promise, 10:00 min
Case History, 7:58 min
Lucidity, 4:45 min
Orange, 7:25 min
Love Runs Red, 8:54 min
SHANK 101, 10:00 min
Mime Massacre, 6:01 min
Physical, 8:30 min
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 21ST
1pm: Filmmakers’ Panel – dreamBOX @ The Jupiter Hotel
Brought to you by the Oregon Film & Video Office, industry insiders explain “How to Support Your Short Film Habit by Getting Paying Gigs on Richer People’s Projects” in this exciting symposium. Admission is free with a festival All-Pass, otherwise a $5 donation is requested. Seating is very limited, so make sure to get to the Jupiter at least 15 minutes in advance. Special guests to be announced.
This year’s panel will include the filmmakers Randolph Sellars, C.K. Lichenstein II, Jeffrey P. Winograd, Patrick Smith and others to be announced.
7pm: Film Program Four – The Hollywood Theatre
Uh-Oh: A Brief Encounter, 1:41 min
Daily Specials, 9:05 min
Rumble, 7:00 min
Leo e Sandra, 6:35 min
Once Upon a Morning, 6:58 min
Owensville, 7:00 min
Copy That, 10:00 min
Room to Breathe, 12:30 min
The End, 6:16 min
Therapy, 10:00 min
Gag, 1:14 min
Kali Ma, 10:00 min
GFM – Copy Remix, 3:49 min
The Story of Bubbleboy, 6:05 min
The 2006 Portland International Short Short Film Festival would like to say thank you to this year’s sponsors, partners, and volunteers, without whom PISS Fest! would not have been possible. Like us, these people love film and have done much to promote the work of independent filmmakers here in Portland, as well as abroad. We love you guys! You can show your appreciation by visiting our sponsors and partners, and tell them PISS Fest! sent ya’!
Jennifer and Mila Fuentes
Chris, Avery & Quinlan Medinger
Mark & Ukiah Skalak-Baenziger
All the filmmakers that submitted
All our sponsors